1/10/2012

God Always Knows Best!

I was in great spirits just after the fire.  I was feeling great, had been working out, I was meeting with my former girlfriend online, and I had something exciting to talk with her about.  Things couldn’t be better!

That evening I anxiously booted up my netbook, fingers trembling with anticipation.  She was not online yet, excellent, I would be able to think through all the events of the week before she signed on, thus avoiding rambling or talking about useless topics to fill time.  I waited, kept waiting, I began to play on facebook then I checked my email. 

Waiting in my inbox was the explanation of her absence.  I quickly read through an email that exhausted the fact that we would never be more than friends and she was moving on, yet left not the slightest clue as to the reason or why.  I reread and I can not say for certain but I most likely read it a third and fourth time.

I tried to respond, I had so much I wanted to write.  It wall seemed useless.  I knew anything that I said I would most likely regret later so I decided to think it over.  There I was in the favellas of Rio de Janeirowith only my brother, a few English speakers at church, and Eduardo who never really runs out of things to talk about.  I had not talked to Kristin in weeks and Jen will most likely never use skype.

(I would like to mention here that I never did decide how to respond to that email, and so I just never did.)

God somehow always provides just what we need!  In this case what I needed was a Sarah, but not just any Sarah.  God provided a one of a kind Sarah Henrique, I had literally met her at church just days before.  When she came stumbling into church in her usual bumbling fun loving way she was clearly nervous because she was talking at an even faster rate than was common--even for Sarah.  We (or should I say) She talked for quit awhile and we exchanged numbers.  She is a cute, talkative, vibrant, short, talkative Brasilian college girl who had spent time in Canada, and enjoys travel, and talking, she speaks perfect English (at 100mph), and in case I didn’t mention it earlier she is very talkative.  Oh well, I couldn’t sit in the slums all weekend, so Austin made me call her and we all went to Impanema to have a nice dinner.

If there was anyone capable of talking enough to keep my mind off of Ana’s email, it was Sarah.  So she met us and brought a friend along, her best friend Raiza.  Let me state now that though they are great friends they are a bit opposite.  Raiza is a goal driven, results oriented, disciplined student, and carries herself with perfect class.  She also is not as annoyingly talkative (Just kidding Sarah!)  Given the combination of Raizas quiet friendly personality and the sheer speed that Sarah can talk, change topics, and even support arguments which happened hours before I knew this would not be a boring night!

Both have remained good friends of mine over the past year.  I do not remember all that we talked about that night, except I do remember thinking Raiza was Russian haha.  Both are amazing friends and have always been here for me.  There both have earned great internships in their field of study so congratulations Sarah Henrique and Raiza Vasconcelos.  You both were responsible for turning a very difficult week into an extraordinary weekend.  Thanks for always being so much fun! --Except for Raiza who is a workaholic and studies all the time and always ditches early to cram for homework and exams that are due the next month. I know your hard work is paying off Raiza so congradulations!

I love wasting time distracting Raiza from her studies and I love being the excuse Sarah finds to NOT study!  Thank you Sara for always keeping me informed on how God is working in your life, I know He has great things for in store for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment