12/28/2011

Buzios

If you life ever takes you to Rio, take a few days and travel just north to an amazingly quaint little town called Buzios.  Though this is an old city and very historic, it is renown for it's clear waters, spectacular beaches (nearly 100 I believe), and quiet coves that can be explored and enjoyed in solitude.  Due to it's popularity it becomes quit exciting at night and the city lights up with a life of it's own after sunset.

August 14, 2010
I just returned from the Buzios peninsula.  An exciting place with many beaches ranging from quiet and secluded to long populated beaches with great sun and fantastic waves.  Because it was overcast and somewhat rainy this weekend, I was able to enjoy the wildlife.  I observed a sea turtle as he explored a cove where I was meandering.  I also had the opportunity to watch a small penguin darting around the docks in search for something to eat.  He was so cute as he dove and dashed through the water looking for fishes!  With great patience I was finally successful in obtaining a few pictures of him.

As I left the peninsula saddened that it hadn't been sunny but thankful for the chance to have a quiet retreat, I noticed a verse.  I had never noticed Job 12:7-8 until now but here is what it says, "But ask now the beasts, and they shall teach thee: and the fowls of the air, shall tell thee: or speak to the earth and it shall teach thee: and the fishes of the sea shall declare unto thee."  Thankful to find this verse after a great weekend of observing interesting wildlife.

No comments:

Post a Comment