4/19/2012

A Tree Top Devotion


November 16 2010,

At this point, God providend the opportunity for Austin and I to return to the U.S. and spend the holidays in our home state, surrounded by family and friends who we loved and had not seen in quit a long time.  Having been living and working, loving and learning, serving and seeing, we returned to our home soil having completed our work for a season and learning all that God had shown us, we returned.

This is a poem I wrote at age 16, but at this time it has never seemed so meaningful.  On November 16, 2010 it really rang true for my life as it felt so good to come home.  I wrote this while having a devotion out on my families farm and I will never forget penning these words as the sun sank low, deeply and thoroughly it seemed to be swallowed up into a field of pink and reds as the tall grass and neighboring corn fields reflected the brilliant shades of a magnificent sunset.  I had a climbed up into an old oak tree that stands out in the middle of our fields.  Here is that poem titled:  A Tree Top Devotion

Here I stand God, High in this Tree,
Here I stand God, Please draw near to me.
I came here alone, I came here to stay.
And stay here I will As I continue to pray.

I stand here in awe Of all that you've done
As I taste the sweet breeze, Hear the birds, feel the sun.
Your commision to go written all through Your Word,
Commands that I go into all of the World.

But the World seems so cold, And the world seems so dark,
As I stand here so warm Against this old oak trees bark.
You've spoken Your Word so I must obey.  I must shine your light in every way.
One day I'll come back to this old tree my home,
To study again and meet You alone.


2 comments:

  1. God provided the a much needed opportunity to return to NC and enjoy a much needed holiday vacation with my family. This is when we switched from living and working, to going and doing. Rio was behind us, and after spending the holidays at home we would be going all through South America!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is such a lovely poem jared. and i love the new layouT!!

    ReplyDelete