5/03/2012

The Human Energizer

The Road to Argentina

Jan 24, 2011



When travelling between Sao Paulo and the Argentine boarder be on the lookout for one, Adamir.  Normally, right then between 11:00 and 12:00 p.m. I would be sleeping especially in the middle of a 16 hr. bus ride.  Yup I said 16 hours.  That would be considered a short ride by the end of my travels, but at that time it seemed endless.

Sleep completely evaded me as I discover the human incarnation of the energizer bunny!  Sure he looks all round and cuddly on the promo's beating his drum and circling the world proving the power of a lead cell battery.  Fortunately for Engergizer, rabbits do not TALK.

You see what the commercial fails to show is what happens after the cameras have all gone home and the lights are out.  As near as I can tell, after the filming the rabbit morphs into a creature named, Adamir, and he talks unstobably to anyone who will listen.  And he goes on chattering about gosh knows what (I was only catching pieces but it was all insignificant tidbits).  He is extremely funny and seems to thoroughly enjoy pleasing people, but it was reeally late.

After noticing that I was trying to read he promises to allow me to continue and remains quiet, for as near as I can tell a complete 40 seconds.  Then he begins his random nonstop questions again.  Interesting to note the chapter in the book I was reading was about loving people, so I answered all his questions to the best of my ability and for the first time sincerely regreted learning Portuguese.


This post is dedicated to my siblings who still laugh as they make reference to this analogy I made over one year ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment