5/08/2012

Iguazu Falls


January 27, 2011

I was spending a couple of days at the most spectacular network of waterfalls in South America, a series of falls that link three country's: Brazil, Argentina, and Peraguay.  I cannot describe the feeling of watching millions of gallons drop so far into a raveen.  It is absolutely breath-taking!  One feels so small standing at the bottom of the falls and so completely helples and useless at the top. 

It is just such places that people seek out to seek out God, but the tourist (like myself) drown out the roaring, rushing power of the falls as they push and argue to get to the rail and look out over the ledge.  The brilliance of the falls seems to be reduced to a mere circus side show as thousands of people push and crowd to the front.  That is what the falls was trying to teach me!

God wanted to show me something here at Iguazu, but it wasn't what I expected, and it wasn't what I wanted to learn.  The splendor of the pounding of millions of gallons of crystal waters reflecting clear mountain light, all rushing tirelessly to their free fall, was nothing comared to the excellence that went into the creation of just one of these "annoying" tourists that were shouting and pushing me out of their way.  God loves each and every person here so much more than He cares about a waterfall, and I should also!  So be it alone with God or in the middle of a crowded attraction, Christ wants me to love others the way He does.  I am selfish but God can teach me to love, and He showed me that through these spectacular waterfalls!

No comments:

Post a Comment