7/27/2012

Sentiments of Departure the Conclusion.

     I thought it fitting to conclude my departure with a poem.  Some of you may have read it when it was written about a year ago, but it always comes to mind as a long trip comes to a close.  So for new readers, or for those who have not followed on fb; here is "My Old Friend" slightly modified from it's original penning.

     I have missed you much my old friend.  I realize that I left you nearly eleven months ago wondering when we would see each other next.  I am now returning to your loving shores knowing that I would confidently trade all the amazing sights of Asia for your quiet farms, gentle coasts, and wandering mountainside, my old friend.

     Everything I ever learned in this life was taught through your eyes.  From grade school through college you have been here watching over me, my old friend.  From driving fence posts to driving my first car: cutting down my first tree to building my first tree house, you were always beside me, My Old Friend.

     I do not know how much of you I will visit, nor do I know how long I will stay.  I do know however, that when my feet grow tired and my journeys grow old you will be here.  You will always be here, waiting, watching, shining Cape Hatteras and your other beacons from the outer banks, and I will come home.  I will always come home, because you are Here, you are Home, you are, My Old Friend.

NC, Sunrise--Oh you have been sincerely missed!


No comments:

Post a Comment